Use to upgrade the fire resistance of timber floors to achieve upto 120 minutes fire rating. Can be used with plaster and lath ceilings or where access is not possible from the soffit face.
Providing upto 120 minutes fire resistance - in accordance with BS476 part 22
1200 x 600mm size to cover most situations
Fast and easy to install
Dry system - will not damage lath & plaster ceilings or delicate mouldings
1. Lift floorboards and clear any remaining pugging and dust from the floor/ceiling void.
2. Apply a bead of Fireus Intumescent Mastic to the side of each joist.
3. Cut the Fire Slab (along the 1200mm side) to fit the measured gap between the joists.
4. Place in position at 45º between joists and ease the slab into a snug fit using a board to spread the load.
5. When fixed in position, apply a 5mm bead of Fireus Intumescent Mastic all around the seal on the butt joints.